The jQuery library contains the following features:
- HTML element selections
- HTML element manipulation
- CSS manipulation
- HTML event functions
- HTML DOM traversal and modification
Adding the jQuery Library to Your Pages
You can use the alternate version of the JQuery by referring to the site..
To start using JQuery,
The JQuery loads the functions after only when all the DOM elements get loaded.
The jQuery syntax is tailor made for selecting HTML elements and perform some action on the element(s).
Basic syntax is: $(selector).action()
- A dollar sign to define jQuery
- A (selector) to "query (or find)" HTML elements
- A jQuery action() to be performed on the element(s)
$(this).hide() - hides current element
$("p").hide() - hides all paragraphs
$("p.test").hide() - hides all paragraphs with class="test"
$("#test").hide() - hides the element with id="test"