Matlab contains a huge resources for image processing. It has Image Processing Toolbox which can be used to process any kind of image files.Image Processing Toolbox™ provides a comprehensive set of reference-standard algorithms and graphical tools for image processing, analysis, visualization, and algorithm development. You can perform image enhancement, image deblurring, feature detection, noise reduction, image segmentation, spatial transformations, and image registration. Many functions in the toolbox are multithreaded to take advantage of multicore and multiprocessor computers.
Below is the screenshot to access the Image Processing Toolbox of the MATLAB. You can view deoms and other help section to get started with Image Processing in MATLAB.
- Image enhancement, filtering, and deblurring
- Image analysis, including segmentation, morphology, feature extraction, and measurement
- Spatial transformations and image registration
- Image transforms, including FFT, DCT, Radon, and fan-beam projection
- Workflows for processing, displaying, and navigating arbitrarily large images
- Modular interactive tools, including ROI selections, histograms, and distance measurements
- ICC color management
- Multidimensional image processing
- Image-sequence and video display
- DICOM import and export
Help Section in MATLAB is a great way to get started. Screenshot for the help section for the Image Processing Toolbox is :-
More tutorials on image processing will be published. Stay tuned.